Federal State Budgetary Institution “Research Institute for Complex Issues of Cardiovascular Diseases”
“We are saving cardiovascular health and improving the quality of life of our patients by implementing advanced medical practices”
Research Institute includes:
- Inpatient Departments
- Research Departments
- Research and Education Department
- Department of Organization of Innovative Clinical Trials
- Information Technology Department
- Department of Contracts
- Clinical and Diagnostic Services:
- Consultative and diagnostic department
- Department of Functional and Ultrasound Diagnostics
- Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory
- Radiology Department
- Heart disease laboratory
- The Laboratory of Anesthesiology, Resuscitation and Pathophysiology of critical conditions
Areas of Focus:
Research: basic and applied (including clinical trials) researches in the following areas:
- Molecular, organismal and population patterns underlying the development and progression of multivessel coronary artery disease and polyvascular disease;
- Novel biomaterials for cardiovascular surgery, their experimental and clinical testing;
- Development of promising treatment models for circulatory system diseases relevant to industrial regions.
Medical Services (bed capacity - 165):
-Provision of specialized and high-tech medical care to population.
Annually, we perform approximately 4,500 coronary angiographies, over 1,300 percutaneous coronary interventions, at least 100 endovascular interventions in children with congenital heart diseases, particularly in newborns and infants, and over 1,000 open-heart surgeries. Our Research Institute is the only healthcare facility in the Kemerovo region providing advanced treatment of heart rhythm disorders (over 1,000 interventions). 40 new medical technologies, based on the results of fundamental and applied studies performed in the Research Institute are successfully translated and implemented in the clinical practice.
Education and Training: Our Research Institute successfully underwent state accreditation of educational activities for professional education (postgraduate studies, residency).
Clinical trials: Over 100 international clinical randomized placebo-controlled trials of different pharmacological agents are conducted in our Research Institute.
Our Research Institute’s system of management is certified in compliance with BS EN ISO 9001: 2008 in the field of “Cardiovascular research; high-tech medical care for the treatment of cardiovascular disease."
Novel designs, methods, technologies, etc.
- Development and study of properties of 3D-scaffolds created from biodegradable materials based on “niche-relief” and biofunctionalization technologies to stimulate growth and directed differentiation of endogenous progenitor cells In Situ (funded by the Russian Science Foundation).
- The role of non-specific markers of inflammation in the development and progression of atherosclerosis, polyvascular disease and cardiovascular complications associated with the progression of atherosclerotic lesions of coronary arteries and other peripheral vessels has been defined (funded by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research).
- Occupational factors associated with the onset of arterial hypertension were studied. The contribution of occupational factors to the onset of cardiovascular disease and the prevalence of risk factors among different working populations of the industrial enterprises has been determined (funded by the Russian Humanitarian Science Foundation).
- A novel heart valve prosthesis design for valve-in-valve implantation for degenerated heart valve prosthesis has been developed using mathematical modeling approach and has been approved experimentally.
- A novel patient-oriented program for adequate prosthesis selection has been developed. We continue to study the mechanisms underlying the development of bioprosthetic valve dysfunction and the mechanisms able to prevent it.
- The production technology of biodegradable anti-adhesion membrane loaded with different pharmacological agents with anti-inflammatory and antiproliferative properties has been developed.
- Physical and mechanical properties of polymer-based nanotechnology materials have been assessed.
- The impact of environmental pollution in the industrial region on cardiovascular health has been assessed.
In December 2008 the State Institution “Basic Research and Production Laboratory for Heart and Vessel Reconstructive Surgery” under the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences was restructured into the “Research Institute for Complex Issues of Cardiovascular Diseases” under the Siberian Branch of RAMS. In 2014, it was renamed to the Federal State Budgetary Institution “Research Institute for Complex Issues of Cardiovascular Diseases" (NII KPSSZ).
The Research Institute is a nonprofit institution, receiving funds from the federal budget and off-budget funds (regional budget, municipal budget, Federal Compulsory Medical Insurance Fund, etc.). The main founder is Federal Agency for Scientific Organizations.
The Research Institute was founded to obtain new knowledge and insights obtained from the results of basic and applied studies in cardiology, vascular medicine and cardiovascular surgery, aimed at preserving and promoting human health, developing healthcare and medical science, training of highly qualified health research and medical personnel.
Our Research Institute organizes and hosts international, national and regional conferences, symposia, workshops.
In 2008, the Research Institute, supported by the government of the Kemerovo region, together with the Russian-American Medical Association (United States, Cleveland) and the International Children's Heart Foundation ran the charity project “Siberian Pediatric Heart Project”.
Research Institute consists of:
- four research Departments, including 17 research laboratories;
- inpatient departments (bed capacity -165):
- - Department of Cardiology,
- - Department of Cardiac Surgery,
- - Intensive Care Unit,
- - Department of Endovascular Diagnosis and Treatment;
- Outpatient Department;
- Department of Research and Education;
- Five Medical Diagnostic Units;
- Support Service Department.
Core Faculty and Staff of the Research Institute include 445 people, out of whom:
- 105 researchers people;
- 57 physicians.
Staff Members with Academic Credentials:
- 1 Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
- 19 Doctors of Medical Sciences,
- 59 Candidates of Medical Sciences.
Research and Development Products since 2009: over 40 invention and utility model patents, databases; 18 monographs, 40 manuals, 1848 publications in the peer-reviewed journals.
The Research Institute is able to organize different events in the Lecture Hall and Conference Rooms.